Thursday, May 21, 2015

Sweethearts Jazz Club Love Stories

Sweethearts Jazz Club is all about romance and friendship and the owners of Sweethearts, Shannon and Blake, epitomise what their venues represent in Second Life.  Although they did not meet in SL they have grown as a couple because of SL.  This was made most evident at their marriage vow renewal ceremony a year or so ago.

Blake said:  “I've never had a moment's doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life.” By Ian McEwan from Atonement.  I believe this quote encompasses all that Blake went to great lengths to share with us about how he feels for Shannon.  Those of us present at the ceremony were left in no doubt that he truly loves his beloved Shannon.




In reply Shannon said in her vows “I have seen the best of you and the worst of you, and I choose both. Thank you for loving me this long, and for keeping your promises. After all these years, I'm still so very proud to call you my husband. As we continue on in our promise of forever, I promise you'll always be my best friend, my lover, my rock and my soft place to land.”

‘So what’s your point’ I can hear you saying…. Well what we would like to do is to find out from all of you, our loyal Sweethearts friend’s what your Second Life Love stories are.




If you are interested in participating in this project, the prerequisite is that that you need to have met at Sweethearts.    Then send me a notecard with the following information:





Name of Notecard = Sweethearts Love Stories (followed by your name)

  • What brought you to Second Life? How long have you been in SL?
  • What does belonging to the Sweetheart’s Jazz Club family mean to you?
  • Tell me your special Sweethearts love story – include how and when you met, how your first date went and how your romance or significant friendship has developed subsequently
  • How many significant SL romances or relationships would you say you have had – and on average how long have they lasted?
  • What is your number one tip to making SL romances/friendships work?


When you have completed the notecard, send it to me, Lacy Muircastle, in world.  Please acknowledge in the notecard, that your significant other agrees to have their name published along with yours and also let me have a couple of pics of you together at Sweethearts.  The love stories and pics will be published on the Sweethearts Blog.



I am really looking forward to reading your stories, being a hopeless romantic and all myself.