Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Somewhere between decadence and virtue lies the charms of an angel


Last week’s Sweethearts Jazz Club shopping plaza featured vendor was Jewelry by Jake.  The ever so charming Tjake Kearny let me take a peek into his Second Life.

His human self is Italian born but has been transplanted to the USA.  He said “I LOVE football!  WATCH EVERY GAME... and yes MY GIANTS are going to take it all the way this year!” He came to Second Life with a very beautiful lady he met from another game.  It was nothing like SL but that is what brought them both here. 

I asked him how he got into the SL jewelry design business and he said “When I began in SL.. it was quite a while ago.. we were allowed to gamble.. camping paid a lot more than it does now.. but unfortunately I talk a lot!.. and since I was not making a great living, Sommes told me to go out there and get a job!.. Like real avi's.. I'm kidding!.. Actually Sommes was the inspiration behind me beginning with jewelry design.   I began very small.. Earrings.. necklaces.. bracelets..  and umm.. wait a second that is exactly what I do now...”


Jake designs his jewelry from a male perspective, he said “Men know what looks stunning and sexy on women.”  He is old school and builds each piece by hand.  He added “The only way to frame your stunning face with my jewelry is to build my jewelry right on a women's body.  Many of my pieces are 254 (or more) prims.. all placed.. exactly where I want them to be on your body.”

The woman that wears Jewelry by Jake is the woman who wants to frame a specific part of her body to enhance her natural beauty.

I asked him where his inspiration for his designs comes from and he said “Inspiration comes in so many ways...it can be a customer who comes in and describes how they feel in a piece of jewelry.. or my JEWELRY BY JAKE group saying.. "Jake I love Garnets, please make something like that" -- then I created the Paris line.  "make rings!".. J  oh yes they do inspire me... and when a lady inspires me.. I like to let everyone know in my note cards when I announce the collection. Each piece I make has its own special feeling for me. Not necessarily a long time to design .. but a long time to perfect. “

Jake said that there is no better feeling than to see someone wearing one of his collections, in fact it is breath-taking.
I asked Jake what advice he would give to someone interested in getting into the SL jewelry design business, to which he replied  “Well.. my answer is don't make jewelry just to make money.  -- that designer would miss the point and end up closing.  Make something because you really enjoy making that piece.. or object.. or service.. that’s really the secret!  oh .. *wink* don't tell anyone..”

So ladies you can continue to expect beautiful designs with Italian flair from Jewelry by Jake for some time to come.  He truly loves what he does and it shows in the exquisite pieces he creates (and I know first-hand since I own some of them.)


Pop in to his satellite store at the Sweethearts Jazz Club shopping plaza or take a visit to his fabulous main store, which is packed to the rafters with all things beautiful and sparkly, that are sure to make you look even more stunning than you already are, and add a smile to your face when you wear them.






JEWELRY BY JAKE     MAIN STORE** 3 fls